If you are interested in becoming an Academy Councillor at Bar Hill School we would be delighted to hear from you if you can offer the following:
- an interest in the performance of the school.
- a desire to contribute to and represent the community.
- skills that would complement the governing body
- the confidence to ask questions and join in debate.
- a willingness to listen and make informed judgments
- the ability to work well with others
- time to spare for meetings and school visits
The most important qualities for being a councillor are enthusiasm, commitment and an interest in education. You don’t need teaching experience, but it’s useful to bring skills from other areas of your life.
Further details and an application form are available from the Clerk to the Academy Council using the form here