This academic year we welcome Rachel Dines to our team. We continue to run four classes in the Infants, two Year 1 and two Year 2. This year Lucy Todman continues as Area Leader.
We hope you had a wonderful Christmas break and a happy New Year! The children have settled very quickly back into their newly decorated ‘old’ classrooms and are enjoying being able to have use of the central ‘Sky Room’ again.
This half term our topic is “Toy Story” which will focus on History, Science, Design and Technology and PSHE (Personal, Social, and Health Education).
In History, we’ll be finding out about:
- Toys and games from the last hundred years
- The origin of the teddy.
In Science and Design Technology, we will be:
- Looking at what materials different toys are made out of and working out why that material was chosen
- Learning about pushes and pulls, and how things move
- Deciding what materials will make the best ear muffs for a toy in trouble
- Designing and making our own teddy using different materials and methods.
In PSHE, they will be
- Learning about emotions through use of toys and role play.
- Making “help” books for toys in trouble, for example, “What to do if you are sad”.
After half term our topic is “Ready, Steady Go” which will focus on transport, how things move and the history of transport. We are planning a trip to Nene Valley Railway on Wednesday, March 4th though more information will follow about this nearer the time.
Please note, we are no longer running Tuck Shop for Key Stage One.
As always, please contact us if you have any questions or queries regarding your child’s education.
An overview of our long term curriculum plan for the Infants is now available for download: