The Pupil Premium is designed to ensure that funding to tackle disadvantage reaches the pupils who need it most. The funding is allocated to Local Authorities and schools with pupils from Reception to Year 11 who are eligible for free school meals (FSM), are looked after or have parents in the Armed forces
From April 2012 the coverage of the Pupil Premium was widened to include those eligible for FSM at any point in the last 6 years.
From April 2015 the coverage of the Pupil premium was widened to include those who have ever been looked after.
However, in making provision for socially disadvantaged pupils we recognise that not all pupils who receive FSM will be socially disadvantaged. We also recognise that not all pupils who are socially disadvantaged are registered or qualify for FSM. These children will still be supported from our Support Budget.
Total amount allocated to the school for 2015/16 is £34,740
How the money will be spent?
- Intervention groups for the purpose of supporting progress for identified pupil premium children:
Early Literacy Support
Better Reading Partnership
Reading and Writing support
- 1:1 tuition for the purpose of supporting progress for identified pupil premium children
Fisher Family Trust
- Teaching Assistant Support
- Access to the extended curriculum – the school offers considerable extended activities including clubs and trips. Pupil premium children are identified and targeted for these activities where funding might before have prohibited access
- Financial support for breakfast club , school uniform and enrichment activities ie music lessons
Spend to date:
Summer Term 2015
This summary complete with outcomes is detailed in the report that is available for download below: